This Blackberry Tapenade Recipe Is A Sophisticated Appetizer That Will WOW Friends At Your Next Party!
Are you looking for a unique appetizer to serving to your party guests that will impress them? This will make a splash at your next get-together and your friends will wonder when you became such a culinary expert! It’s chocked full of nourishing goodness, too!
As outlined, makes about 8 ounces of tapenade. Simply increase the fixings to serve larger crowds!
1 tsp. capers
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
1/4 cup dried figs
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup kohlrabi
1/4 cup blackberry preserves
1 scoop Life’s Abundance Greens Blend
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Rinse both the capers and olives and air dry on a towel.
2. In a small bowl combine the blackberry preserves and Greens Blend. Mix well and set aside.
3. Roughly chop dried figs. Wash and dry parsley. Remove parsley leaves from stems. Remove paper skin from garlic clove.
4. Add garlic to the food processor and pulse for three seconds.
5. Prepare kohlrabi by removing ends and peeling. Roughly chop and add kohlrabi to the food processor. Pulse for five seconds.
6. Add capers, olives and figs to the food processor and pulse for five seconds. Add the blackberry preserves mixture to food processor and pulse for five seconds. Add parsley leaves, olive oil and lemon juice to the food processor and pulse for five seconds.
7. Scrape down any tapenade that is on the side of the food processor into the base and pulse until desired consistency.
8. Serve chilled.
A number of preserved fruits will work beautifully with this recipe. Try mixed berry, blueberry, currant or apricot preserves.