This recipe is a must for weekends in with Netflix and some vanilla ice cream. Packed with protein and oh so ooey, gooey, this is sure to become a favorite brownie recipe in your home too. These brownies are vegan and gluten free! The recipes makes 16 brownies or one just really BIG brownie because why even cut it...am I right? There's no shame in eating this right out of the pan.
Vegan & Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Protein Brownies
2 4 oz. bars vegan semisweet baking chocolate bars, divided.
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup oat flour
3 scoops Lifes's Abundance Protein Powder, Chocolate flavor
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips for decoration (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8" square nonstick baking dish with melted coconut oil then line it with parchment paper.
* Chop 1 (4 oz) chocolate bar into chunks and place into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
* Meanwhile, chop the other 4 oz chocolate bar into chunks and set aside. You'll be stirring these into the batter later.
* To the melted chocolate, add in melted coconut oil, monkfruit sweetener , bananas, and vanilla.
* Whisk until well combined.
* Add in oat flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, and salt.
* Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the mixture together.
* Fold in the chocolate chunks.
* Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
* Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, more or less depending on how fudgy you like your brownies. They should look set, but it’s ok if an inserted toothpick comes out with a little batter on it.
* Remove from oven and sprinkle with vegan chocolate chips and cool completely before cutting. These need to cool completely or they’ll fall apart.
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Dairy Free
- Grain free
- No Added Sugar
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Artificial Preservatives
- No Artificial Colors
Life's Abundance Chocolate Plant Protein Powder is 100% grain-free. It's a plant-based protein powder that is a nutrient-rich blend of clean, high-quality proteins including pea, chia, pumpkin, hemp and quinoa. Not only is it excellent in your morning smoothie, it's also the perfect plant protein powder to bake with! You'll notice that many of our recipes also use the Life's Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein Powder.
It's texture mixes easily with water into a silky smooth, rich and satisfying shake. It's a delicious way to increase protein in any of your meals. Add some to your oatmeal or pancakes next time too!
New Customer Special! Want to receive our wholesale pricing? Click here and we'll set up your account. This means that instead of paying retail prices, you'll receive our best autoship pricing without being on an autoship.
Enjoy your day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek